Editorials, Showcases and Competitions


Hey everyone, I've been gone for a few weeks - work, some well deserved vacation and a case of annoying sickness had me caught up with personal life issues. Which doesn't mean I've stayed away from gaming and what's more important: Painting! So here's a quick run down of what's been going on, what I painted and a few teasers of what you can expect in the next two weeks.


First of all, welcome to a new part of the blog - the editorial. I'll use this to write about my thoughts on hobby-related stuff, gaming and all the other fun ramblings that make a great opinion piece.


As I mentioned above, the last few weeks have been crazy busy, but I managed to sneak in some painting time nevertheless. It's my own variation on meditation, you could say - I'm way more relaxed and down to earth after painting for a few hours at a time. It's my heart of stone, my jedi meditation.



I also needed to paint, because, as you might remember, I had joined Data-Sphere's painting competition for Q3. Unfortunately there won't be any elaborated tutorial piece on my version of Machaon as PanO medic - I just didn't find the time to take enough pictures. Still, I managed to get him done for the final voting and once again took third place. Where's the pictures, I hear you say. Right you are, here we go:


PanOceania Machaon Trauma Doc

PanOceania Machaon Trauma Doc

PanOceania Machaon Trauma Doc

I'll also add him to my CoolMiniOrNot profile in the next few days. If you feel like voting for him, please do so. 

But Machaon is not the only mini I painted in the past few weeks...here's a little teaser on another showcase I'll do next week:


And there's even more to come. Why's that? Because yours truly has been to Spiel 2016, where I bought a lot of goodies. Fans of Infinity, Dungeons & Dragons and SAGA, keep an eye on this space!

So, this is it for this Friday night. Next up will be the showcase for Joan around Tuesday next week. 


2 comments:

  1. Excellent painting job.Lot of character in than little vessel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And how little that vessel is...

      Delete