Your first miniature

I know, I know, you are waiting for the How to on the Necron Deathmarks. Don't worry, it's coming. Work is still keeping me from finishing the Necrons, though. In the meantime I thought I might show you all a little something... my first miniature:




Can't move...too much colour...clogging up...my joints...ugh!

Yup, that's the one. A second edition starterbox marine. Back in the 90s we used to paint minis in the most garish colours because for some reason we never considered them to seem unrealistic or...gasp...to bright. Green bases were all the rage and thus I ended up with my first Space Wolf. Needless to say I didn't know a thing about painting minis or techniques or whatnot.

What I mean to show you, because it's been adressed by quite a number of people over the recent years: learning to paint takes practice. No painter started out an ace. You need to get a feel for using a brush, proper mix of water and paint , the way colours work together or against each other and so forth. Try to challenge yourself with your painting, that way you will probably improve the fastest. But also be patient because learning to paint takes a while.

I hope you enjoyed the poor colour-crusted fellow - it's always a nice reminder when I'm unhappy with my painting nowadays. The mini always shows me how far I have come. 

Cheers,
Kenza

No comments:

Post a Comment