Showcase: Tau Pathfinders


If you follow me on Twitter (@kungfu5edpaints), you might have seen some WIP shots of my Tau Pathfinders during the last few weeks. I completed my first squad this weekend - so a new showcase had to be done.


The Tau Pathfinders were part of the most recent Tau releases. The first thing I noticed was the crispness of all the details, with close to none mold lines to be found. Fantastic quality! GW has also demonstrated with many of the recent 40K miniature kits, that they like to provide a ton of bitz to bling up your little warriors. So that is pretty cool as well. 

In regards to painting them, I wanted to go with a very similar theme as with my stealth suits. I didn't get the green-grey entirely right, unfortunately, but it's not a big problem. So here's the guys: 







I really like these models, as well as their fluff and playstyle. Can't wait to field them again, this time all painted.


7 comments:

  1. Really nice job on the path finders. They look awesome! Wonderful blends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were a lot of fun to paint, partially due to the crisp sculpting. The Fire Warrior kit on the other hand is showing it's age and are not even close to the fun I had with these.

      Delete
    2. I have high hopes that eventually the older tau kits will get an update, bringing them in line with the pathfinders, the broadsides, and the riptide!

      Delete
    3. Well, the Fire Warriors only need an update in the same form the tactical SM sprues were updated. What is way more important though: those Crisis Suits - they need to work on the proportions and change the torso, then they'll look a whole lot better.

      Delete
  2. Nice work Kenza, and a very good scheme as well - the orange stands out, while the black and muted green are nicely realistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's what I am going for. i feel, of all the 40K races, Tau are the most likely to employ designs and tactics of our military today. So I try to make them look that way - which works really nice with that race.

      Delete
  3. Very nice color scheme you got there! Are you using a Vallejo Grey/Green color as the base for the armour?

    ReplyDelete